In the 2008 Breast Cancer 3-Day, my team of 25 walkers raised nearly $87,000. I’m extremely proud of this accomplishment and even happier to know that our efforts are helping everyday in the fight against breast cancer. But I do understand things have changed since September 2008. Many people watched their retirement dollars sink; others lost their jobs and still others took significant pay cuts. So raising money is no easy task these days. I have friends who confidently signed up last year knowing that raising the money would be no problem. These people are hesitant this year to even try and I completely understand that. My hope is that my fundraising effort will collectively subsidize the Ta Ta Breast Cancer walker’s minimum donations and more importantly continue to help in the fight. I can’t help but think about how much funding will decrease this year in the area of breast cancer and I can’t help but continue to do my part. So, yes, I’m still asking for monetary donations even if they are significantly smaller. Every dollar helps. But my goal is to find other fundraising opportunities that don’t require people to spend additional dollars outside of their normal budget. With that, I’ve created a list of current efforts:
· I just came across the cutest website–Note Card Farm–for personalized note cards, address labels and gift stickers. They make great gifts and I ordered a bunch for my kids and my family. Best yet, I’ve worked out a Ta Ta Breast Cancer promotion where 10% of your purchase goes to my team. So order some cute note cards or address labels and help support our team.
· I’ve written often about www.shoptoearn.net/breastcancer. Please don’t forget to use this site. It’s the best way to turn your everyday purchases into donations to breast cancer. Once you are in the portal, check out 1-800-contacts, priceline.com, Meijer or hundreds of other great retailers. For a huge selection of every imaginable organic product, click on shop to earth.
· If you live in Southeast Michigan, the hottest new salon in town is helping us. Salon Pavlina is a full service hair salon catering to both men and women. They also do manicures/pedicures, facials, waxing and make-up. They are located on Northwestern Highway and opened up this past October. If you’ve never been there before, call and make an appointment–let them know you heard about them through Ta Ta Breast Cancer and they’ll donate 30% of your first visit back to our team. Pavlina, Christina and the rest of the team are all great. Check out their website for more information http://salonpavlina.com/ or call 248-539-3500.
· There is still two more weeks to purchase Annie Tickets for May 10 at 6:30. I have main floor seats for $64 and balcony for $44 and a large portion of the ticket price comes back to our team.
· If you need your carpets, windows or gutters cleaned, call In-home Window Cleaning at 248-623-5858. Schedule a free estimate. If you hire them, make sure to mention Ta Ta Breast Cancer and 10% will come back to our team.
· Visit TD Nails in Berkley, MI for manicures, pedicures, waxing or facials on Mondays and Tuesdays and mention Ta Ta Breast Cancer, 10% will come back to our team.
· If you would like your very own Ta Ta Breast Cancer long-sleeved thermal, tank or short-sleeved shirt, go to Sprout in Royal Oak on Washington or send me an email at email@example.com.
I am thankful for any support you can give in this fight. Whether it’s supporting any one of our ongoing fundraisers or making a donation, your support is saving lives. I know that first-hand and I’m tremendously thankful every day.